Students in this course will study the principles, strategies, and techniques of effective written business communication. Emphasis is placed on reviewing grammar and mechanics as students create successfully written messages including e-mails, memos, and letters.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate polished grammar, punctuation, and usage skills necessary to create, proofread, and edit typically written business messages.
• Prepare clear, concise, and well-organized e-mails, memos, and letters.
• Implement problem-solving and critical-thinking skills in preparing business messages.
• Demonstrate professionalism while developing effective listening, nonverbal, meeting, team, and cross-cultural skills
Award Application and Career Pathing
Written Communication applies toward the completion of the following certifications, certificates and diplomas:
- Accounting Certificate
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Banking Major
- Bank Marketing Diploma
- Bank Operations Diploma
- Bank Teller Certificate
- Call Center / Customer Care Diploma
- Cash Management Diploma
- Certified Modern Branch Professional – Level 2
- Commercial Loan Assistant Diploma
- Consumer Lending Diploma
- Credit Analyst Diploma
- Deposit Services Certificate
- Digital Banking Diploma
- General Banking Diploma
- Human Resources Diploma
- Introduction to Lending Diploma
- Loan Servicing Certificate
- Residential Loan Processing Certificate
- Residential Loan Underwriting Certificate
- Supervision Diploma
- Universal Banker Diploma