Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Banking Major at St. Joseph’s College
Is a degree in banking right for you?
- Completed any CFTEA classes listed?
- Earned a banking diploma through CFTEA
- Taken any college courses?
- Completed your Associate’s Degree?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’ve already started earning your B.S. in Business Administration with a Banking specialty from Saint Joseph’s College of Maine.
Not in Maine? No problem! All of Saint Joseph’s College classes are available as distance-learning classes. Wherever you are, you can participate in this degree program!
THIS PROGRAM’S SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Designed for banking professionals who want to advance their careers.
- Courses are a combination of CFTEA courses and distance education courses from Saint Joseph’s College
- Achieve your degree efficiently by earning college credit for select banking credentials.
- Most prior learning and career training qualify as degree credits (e.g. college courses, military training and CEUs).
BENEFITS OF A DEGREE THROUGH SAINT JOSEPH’S COLLEGE:
- Greater career opportunities.
- Better financial future for you and your family.
- Superior, personalized education with our one-on-one faculty-guided learning.
- Flexibility of completing your course work on your schedule, at your pace, at any location.
- Dedicated student services and support geared to adult learners.
- Students enrolled in the program must earn 120 semester hour credits, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College. Business courses consist of 74 credits, with 12 business core courses (36 semester-hour credits); 11 required specialization core courses (29 semester-hour credits taken through CFTEA), 3 business elective courses (9 semester-hour credits)
Required Banking Classes taken through CFTEA: (Click Courses for Detailed Course Information)
CFTEA courses can be taken guided learning or through available webcourses or instructor led online. Not sure what you have taken? Request a transcript from our office today!
For more information, or to discuss your entry into the program, contact Saint Joseph’s College
- Contact Saint Joseph’s College Online Admissions by calling 1-800-752-4723, texting 207-893-7841, or emailing [email protected]. An admissions counselor would be happy to help.
Looking for information on continuing with a Masters Degree?
St. Joseph’s collaboration for bankers represents a concept that was way ahead of its time from the start and the fact that we have kept pace with changes to ensure continued relevance is something all can appreciate.. As a matter of fact, St. Joseph’s College does have a wonderful Leadership MBA, as well as, a Master of Accountancy, both of which are offered 100% online. We also offer a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies for learners who already possess a graduate degree. Both degrees are quality programs, although they serve very different audiences. St. Joseph’s College has celebrated more than 400 graduates since 2008!
A couple of interesting points:
- Undergraduate students can “fast-track” into the MBA program by taking select graduate courses as undergraduate electives.
- The LMBA is appropriate for anyone with a bachelor’s degree (no undergraduate business degree required).
Your SJC admissions counselor will be able to provide information about potential partnership discounts for your institution. Your CFTEA Contact for the Saint Joseph’s College program is [email protected]
Do you have your Associates Degree and are interested in gaining your Bachelor’s Degree? CFTEA can help!
Students with an Associate’s Degree and all of their CFTEA banking transfer credits, just 30 credits (10 courses) remain (25%) for Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) Banking Major degree completion at St. Joseph’s College! Complete the remaining online courses from the general education/business core and earn your Bachelor’s Degree in no time!
Looking to Transfer other programs with ACE Accreditation into a College?
Non-credit to credit pathways translate non-credit achievements – such as professional certifications or licenses, prior learning assessments, faculty reviews, and military service – into credit toward a degree or credential. With college enrollments dropping, along with public confidence in the value of a college education, non-credit to credit pathways allow students the flexibility to keep their education options open to match their lifestyle. CFTEA offers a ACE Credit courses to support this journey.
What is ACE accreditation?
What is ACE Accreditation? ACE CREDIT recommendations are used by students to obtain college credit or advanced college placement for formal courses or exams taken outside the traditional classroom, including the military. Please note: These recommendations do not guarantee you college credit. The final decision is up to each college or university. You need to check directly with the College or University where you want to enroll to obtain information about their current policy.
The following CFTEA certificates also carry ACE Accreditation.
The following ABA courses also carry ACE Accreditation.
Analyzing Bank Performance
Analyzing Financial Statements
Introduction to Mortgage Lending
Legal Foundations in Banking
Managing the Bank’s Investment Portfolio, Managing Funding, Liquidity and Capital, Managing Interest Rate Risk (all required)
Marketing in Banking, Marketing Management, Marketing Planning (all required)
Money and Banking