Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Banking Major at St. Joseph’s College
Is a degree in banking right for you?
- Completed any CFTEA classes listed?
- Earned a banking diploma through CFTEA
- Taken any college courses?
- Completed your Associate’s Degree?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’ve already started earning your B.S. in Business Administration with a Banking specialty from Saint Joseph’s College of Maine.
Not in Maine? No problem! All of Saint Joseph’s College classes are available as distance-learning classes. Wherever you are, you can participate in this degree program!
THIS PROGRAM’S SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Designed for banking professionals who want to advance their careers.
- Courses are a combination of CFTEA courses and distance education courses from Saint Joseph’s College
- Achieve your degree efficiently by earning college credit for select banking credentials.
- Most prior learning and career training qualify as degree credits (e.g. college courses, military training and CEUs).
BENEFITS OF A DEGREE THROUGH SAINT JOSEPH’S COLLEGE:
- Greater career opportunities.
- Better financial future for you and your family.
- Superior, personalized education with our one-on-one faculty-guided learning.
- Flexibility of completing your course work on your schedule, at your pace, at any location.
- Dedicated student services and support geared to adult learners.
Students enrolled in the program must earn 128 semester hour credits, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College. Business courses consist of 74 credits, with 12 business core courses (36 semester-hour credits); 11 required specialization core courses (29 semester-hour credits taken through CFTEA), 3 business elective courses (9 semester-hour credits)
Required Banking Classes taken through CFTEA:
- 1350: Money and Banking
- 1370: Principles of Banking
- 1870: Professional Writing Skills (1 credit minimum)
- 3670: Law & Banking Applications or BA302: Legal Environment of Business II
- 4310: Supervision
- 5465: Presentation Skills (1 credit minimum)
- 6350: Commercial Lending
- 6920: Analyzing Financial Statements
- 7008: Consumer Lending OR Consumer Lending Certificate
- 7820: Residential Mortgage Lending or 7880: Real Estate Finance
- 7740: Marketing for Bankers
For more information, or to discuss your entry into the program, contact Saint Joseph’s College
Online Admissions: 1-800-752-4723 OR email: [email protected]
Your SJC admissions counselor will be able to provide information about potential partnership discounts for your institution. Your CFTEA Contact for the Saint Joseph’s College program is [email protected]