Delivering Exceptional Phone Service – Increase Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
Formats: Self Paced, Guided Learning, Live
In a survey conducted by the Consumer Reports National Research Center regarding customer service, over 50% of respondents said that they hung up the phone before their problem had been addressed (2019). The survey also revealed a tiring list of criticisms alluding to a generally frustrating experience, including repeatedly asking for the same information and ambiguity over being on hold or disconnected. To attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment, it is important to meet their needs and make them feel valued. That job is typically the responsibility of customer service representatives, who may be the only direct contact customers ever have with an organization.
As a representative, you’ll find that being able to deliver that level of service is just as critical. Increasing customer satisfaction makes you more valuable to your organization and helps you to achieve higher productivity. From a personal perspective, improving your interactions with customers also reduces stress and tension. This program will give you the techniques you need to deliver exceptional service over the phone so that you are better equipped to appropriately address customers’ concerns and ultimately preserve their loyalty to your company.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to
- Actively listen to customers, so that they feel heard and understood.
- Speak clearly, so that customers can easily understand you.
- Convey an attitude of service during each stage of a call.
- Remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult situations.
- Know when to say no to customers’ requests and how to do so in a positive way.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in-depth:
- Using empathetic language to show you sincerely care about a customer’s situation
- How to clarify your understanding of what a customer wants or needs
- How to interpret the nonverbal message in a customer’s statement, complaint, or issue.
- The stages of a service call, including what you need to do to ensure the experience is positive and helpful.
- Managing stress responses when dealing with upset, angry, unclear, or overly talkative customers.
- Strategies for addressing complaints and resolving problems so that customers feel satisfied.
Award Application and Career Pathing
This course applies to the following awards:
- Accounting Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Bank Teller Certificate
- Branch Manager Certificate
- Call Center / Customer Care Certificate
- Cash Management Certificate
- Commercial Loan Assistant Certificate
- Customer Service Representative Certificate
- Deposit Services Certificate
- Digital Banking Certificate
- Loan Servicing Certificate
- Residential Loan Processing Certificate
- Residential Loan Underwriting Certificate
- Today’s Essential Workforce Skills Certificate
- Universal Banker Certificate
- Universal Banker Diploma
ABA / AIB / CFT