The ABA Personal Banker Certificate provides a blend of banking knowledge and skills for Personal Bankers, sometimes referred to as Financial Services Representatives or Financial Services Associates, to enable them to provide full-service banking to customers by offering appropriate credit, deposit and other banking services that meet customer needs and expectations.
Personal Bankers often drive the sales and service function in the bank office or branch and call on potential and current customers to develop new business relationships and to support customer retention strategies. They require broad product knowledge, including specific understanding of the different types of retail deposit and loan products, all of which are covered in this curriculum.
- Banking Basics Suite or Banking Today
- Communication Basics Suite
- Verbal Communication Suite
- Written Communication Suite
- Online Communication Suite
- Relationship Sales Suite
- Effective Referrals Suite
- Sales Planning Suite
- Making the Client Call Suite
- Overcoming Objections
- Understanding Consumer Bank Products or Understanding Banking Products (Covers both Consumer and Business)
- Understanding Business Bank Products or Understanding Banking Products (Covers both Consumer and Business)
- Fundamentals of Consumer Lending or Fundamentals of Consumer Lending Guided Learning
- Fundamentals of Small Business Banking or Fundamentals of Small Business Banking Guided Learning