A fundamental study of how money functions in the U.S. and world economies. How money supply, the banking system, the Federal Reserve and the federal government are all interrelated, and how changes in the financial system can affect individuals, businesses and governments on a world-wide basis are covered.
• Describe the functions of money and our payments system
• Connect the time value of money with financial markets and their assets
• Identify the business of banking and the interrelationship with government regulation
• Compare the various monetary theories and how they relate to macro and international
• Summarize the structure of the Federal Reserve System and understand the tools and goals of Monetary Policy
Bank personnel who have not had a formal course in money and banking and who wish to increase their understanding of the banking industry; officer trainees through the mid-management level.
(Indicate preferred start date in the note section of your order).
- January 30, 2023 – May 19, 2023
- June 26, 2023 – October 13, 2023
- October 30, 2023 – March 1, 2024
Award Application and Career Pathing
Money and Banking applies toward the completion of the following certificates and diplomas: