Fundamentals of Small Business Banking provides participants with the knowledge and skills to interact successfully with small business customers. It defines and explores core business terminology, such as business legal structures, business types (industry sectors), operating cycles, and business life cycles. The course also examines business cycles and how they drive the need for bank products and services.
Personnel who have limited exposure to the small business market, but are responsible for servicing or selling to small business customers.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify common characteristics of the small business market
- Describe the different business legal structures
- Describe the most common small business types
- Identify four general financial needs
- Explain how operating cycles drive needs for bank products and services
- Describe the life stages of a small business.