Suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about the commercial lending process—the backbone of most banks’ lending portfolios. Learn what goes into making a successful commercial loan and how to manage a customer relationship once the loan is approved.
- Recognize the process and types of information business bankers should acquire during a business development call
- Identify sources of repayment that are appropriate for various commercial loan borrowing arrangements and the factors that affect collateral value
- Explain the process and importance of a credit investigation
- Identify and explain the loan negotiation process
- Identify the causes of problem loans and steps to resolving them
Commercial and/or business bankers and credit analysts. Students should take Analyzing Financial Statements prior to this course or have equivalent work experience.
This course requires proctored exams.
ABA Professional Certifications: 45.0 CLBB
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending.
ACE Credits: 3.0 in commercial lending, banking, or finance.
(Indicate your start date preference in the note section of your order)
- October 18, 2021 – January 21, 2022