An overview of tools and techniques to analyze and improve a bank’s financial performance. Participants observe the effects of certain kinds of risk on a bank’s financial track record, and the correlation between risk optimization and superior financial performance.
- Use the Uniform Bank Performance Report to analyze a bank’s performance over several periods and against peer banks
- Demonstrate the connection between a consistently high level of financial performance as measured by the Return on Owners’ Equity Ratio and its relationship to credit, liquidity, capital and operational risk for the bank
- Identify the major factors that affect a bank’s financial performance
- Identify key components of non-interest income and expense and explore strategies to improve performance
- Utilize tools such as the Balanced Scorecard to assess and improve financial performance, including functional goal setting and performance evaluation
This course is designed for junior-level bank officers all the way up through CEOs who need to analyze their bank’s performance. Participants should have some basic knowledge of balance sheets and income statements.
ABA Professional Certifications: 17.0 CERP
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Bank Financial Management.
ACE Credits: 3.0 in business administration or business management; 3.0 in finance or money and banking. Additional courses required to earn credit.
- January 23, 2023 – March 10, 2023
- May 15, 2023 – June 30, 2023
- September 11, 2023 – October 27, 2023
Award Application and Career Pathing
Analyzing Bank Performance applies toward the completion of the following certificates and diplomas: