Develop a broad understanding of the underpinnings of the banking industry. Dive deeply into the purpose of specific banking functions and the role. Develop foundational skills for making key decisions that affect bank profitability. Learn how to conduct performance analyses. Discover ways to measure and manage interest rate risk. Explore best practices in managing funding, liquidity and capital. Demonstrate understanding by applying concepts in organization specific exercises.
By completing the ABA Certificate in Bank Financial Management curriculum, you’ll strengthen your knowledge of sound financial management in a banking institution.
Facilitated Online: Five to eight weeks each in duration, and you can select your start date and log in at your convenience. Estimated learning time is 3
hours per week.
• Analyzing Bank Performance
• Managing the Bank’s Investment Portfolio
• Managing Funding, Liquidity, and Capital
• Managing Interest Rate Risk Self-Paced Online: Learn at your own pace. This course is approx. 25 minutes in length.
• Ethical Issues for Bankers
Students should have an understanding of accounting and financial markets, as well as experience in the use of electronic spreadsheets.