An introduction to the provisions of Reg DD and the Truth in Savings Act, which govern a financial institution’s presentation of its deposit accounts to consumers. Requirements for disclosures, periodic statements, payment of interest, advertising, record retention, enforcement and electronic communications are also covered.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe general disclosure requirements under Reg DD
• Describe specific account disclosure requirements under Reg DD, including timing of delivery
• Explain Reg DD disclosure requirements relating to periodic statements and payment of interest
• Describe additional disclosure requirements for overdraft services
• Identify advertising requirements under Reg DD, including requirements relating to interest rates and triggering terms