How You Will Benefit
If you surveyed a random list of companies and asked them what their core values were, chances are that most would identify “respect” as a top value. But what does “respect” mean and why is it important?
A recent study of more than 17,000 employees from more than 80 countries revealed that respect for colleagues is key in creating a positive work atmosphere. We all want to feel respected. A respectful work environment motivates us to do our best work, encourages us to support others, and not only produces positive results for the organization, but also allows its employees to have job satisfaction.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Examine the behaviors that contribute to a respectful workplace at the individual and organizational level.
- Recognize the importance of building an organizational culture that fosters respect.
- Implement strategies to maintain a respectful work environment when faced with stress, uncertainty, and change.
- Maintain and rebuild respect after there has been an offense.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- Demonstrating self-respect by following steps for mastering your emotions.
- Common courtesy and manners for fostering respect.
- Individual behaviors for building up others.
- Maintaining respect when sending and receiving messages via electronic tools.
- General rules of etiquette when interacting with others on social media.
- The three elements of organizational respect and how to implement them in the workplace.
- Developing reciprocity to boost collaboration and respect.
- “In-the-Moment” and “After-the-Moment” strategies for handling stress to support a respectful environment.
- Behaviors for minimizing the possible negative effects of uncertainty and change.
- Understanding how cultural differences affect individual perceptions of respect.
- General guidelines for respectful interactions when you are unfamiliar with someone’s culture.
- Responding to an offensive statement/action in a mature and respectful manner.
- Words and actions for rebuilding damaged relationships.
- Questions to consider to avoid a similar situation where you may have offended someone.