Work From Home: Work-Life Balance
- CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- 100% Access Time: 90 days
Finding a healthy work-life balance—knowing the right amount of time to devote to your work, to your family, and to yourself—has never been easy. And, as more and more people are now working from home, the lines between work and life have blurred, and the idea of balance has grown ever more elusive.
This course will introduce you to the concept of work-life balance, as we know it in the Age of Remote Work. And it will offer you practical advice and tips on dealing with your employer, supporting your family, and caring for parents and other, older loved ones.
- Define work-life balance and discuss its importance
- Identify the particular challenges to work-life balance for remote workers
- Explain the key work-from-home issues you should discuss with your employer
- Identify strategies for reducing screen time
- Assess the effectiveness of different ways to reduce stress
- Discuss the key challenges for remote workers who care for children at home
- Identify the key areas of concern for remote workers who care for an elderly parent
- Explain the importance of the Family and Medical Leave Act for remote workers
- Locate resources to help remote workers maintain work-life balance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Video content
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.