How You Will Benefit
People from up to five generations are working side by side in today’s workforce. Individuals in each generation have fundamentally different life experiences and influences than those in generations before or after them.
These distinctive life experiences lead to differences in how we express values, in our sources of motivation, and in our preferences for communication. And these differences can lead to clashes and conflicts among coworkers of different generations.
Understanding these differences can minimize misunderstandings and improve collaboration. In fact, actively seeking a variety of perspectives can improve decision-making and increase innovation in your workplace.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Identify the generations in the workplace and the experiences that shape them.
- Examine the stereotypes associated with each generation.
- Identify potential challenges when interacting with different generations.
- Demonstrate techniques that foster respectful communication with different generations.
- Implement strategies to unite employees of all ages.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- The societal events, economical states, parenting styles, and technological changes that have influenced each generation’s “personality”
- Differences in perspective on respect, loyalty, work ethic, communication, feedback, and authority
- How to minimize conflict by acknowledging, accepting, and adjusting to differences
- Specific sources of motivation for each generation to support collaboration
- How to build a sense of community