How You Will Benefit
A supervisor pays more roles than just the overseer. Supervisors often have to be mentors, delegators, diplomats, and disciplinarians. Therefore, supervisors have to know their employees’ strengths, weaknesses, triggers, and apprehensions and have the communication skills necessary to effectively steep employees in the right direction.
No matter how poor an employee’s behavior is, it is ultimately up to the supervisor to correct the behavior. Sometimes a bad supervisor can be the source of all the organization’s problems. According to a Huffington Post survey, employees with bad managers are the least productive workers. In fact, 65% of respondents said they would take a new boss over a pay raise!
This course is designed to help you understand you organization’s problems and challenges at a deeper level and give you the communication tools to become an inspiring supervisor. In this guide you will learn the proper recourse to take with problem employees to resolve problems, create goals, work through personal issues, and mediate conflict. As a result you will be better able to understand your employees’ behavior and motives and react appropriately to them.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Use realism, restraint, and resolve when facing any tough challenge.
- Resolve conflicts between employees effectively.
- Deal with layoffs in a way that minimizes the negative effects.
- Show support for employees with performance issues while building a defensible case for discipline and/or termination if necessary.
- Deal with employees’ personal problems with sensitivity and fairness.
- Take control and responsibility in a crisis situation.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- Establish and following ground rules and frameworks to mediate conflict
- The symptoms and solutions of working with employees who do not take initiative, know it-all’s, whiners, and backstabbers
- How to identify types of personal problems and general performance issues related to those problems
- What problems absenteeism. Tardiness and inappropriate conduct might signal
- The process of EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- How to prepare termination and have a termination conversation with an employee