How You Will Benefit
According to a survey conducted by the Center for Creative Leadership, 91% of respondents agreed with the statement, “Teams are central to organizational success,” and 87% said, “Our team collaborating with other teams is essential for success.”
Clearly, teams are a vital part of almost every organization, which are depending on them to use resources more effectively, solve problems more creatively, and provide greater productivity than individual employees working alone.
The goal of every team is to perform at its highest level, and the secret to achieving high performance is this—having team members who CARE. Care in the literal sense, as well as in the sense of the acronym for the following traits: Communication, Ability, Results, and Esprit de corps. These four traits are the foundation of team excellence. You will find practical strategies for developing each trait throughout the remainder of the program.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Recognize the communication characteristics of high-performing teams and team members.
- Assess individual strengths in order to ensure the best possible team performance.
- Set goals successfully and avoid common goal-setting mistakes.
- Foster accountability among team members to ensure all members succeed.
- Develop esprit de corps and coordinate effective team-building activities.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- How to ensure team members talk and listen equally, display energy, connect with one another, converse informally, and hold productive “idea” conversations.
- Key considerations for assembling teams to create synergy and maximize performance.
- Goal-setting mistakes to avoid and techniques for setting goals that produce success and encourage member commitment to achieving those goals.
- The meaning of accountability and how to implement it within your team.
- Characteristics of ownership, integrity, connectedness, and confidence or the four elements that build esprit de corps.
- Ways to capitalize on new ideas, foster creativity, and ensure members continuously improve their skills.
- Dos and Don’ts for organizing effective team-building activities.