How You Will Benefit
The modern work world is full of distractions. Private e-mails, social media, the Internet, and chatty co-workers cut into productivity and prompt procrastination. Yet work left unfinished today becomes a mountain of work due tomorrow, making a lack of productivity one of the biggest causes of profit loss for organizations.
A national survey conducted by Harris Poll included a representative sample of 2,175 hiring and human resource managers across industries and company sizes. The managers said that the consequences of distraction were compromised quality of work, lower moral because of other employees having to pick up the slack, negative impact on boss/ employee relationships, missed deadlines and loss in revenue.
This course is designed to teach employees how to kick bad habits and stay more focused on work throughout the day. As a result, employees will work at a higher level, be able to more effectively prioritize tasks, improve relationships with coworkers and bosses, and create long-lasting behavioral changes.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Recognize the difference between true productivity and “fake” productivity
- Prioritize your daily work based on your key results
- Improve your ability to focus
- Eliminate habits that detract from your productivity
- Work effectively with colleagues
- Cultivate the nine habits that will increase your productivity
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- Benefits of working productively
- Identifying your purpose and prioritizing key results
- Focusing on outcomes and planning your day
- Evidence against multi-tasking
- How to minimize interruptions and find immersion in activities
- The law of diminishing returns
- How to break bad habits like procrastination, negativity, and succumbing to distractions