- Generational similarities in decision-making
- Which sales approach appeals to each generation or buying group
- Making the Sales Call
- The Critical Importance of Sales Questions
- Moving the Sale Forward
- Managing Key Objections
- Effective Digital Closing Technique
- Sales follow-up
- Tactical roadmap to beat the competition
Frontline salespeople such as branch managers, wealth managers, commercial lenders, mortgage and consumer lenders, and business development officers will find the strategies, techniques, and tools discussed will have a tremendous impact on sales growth.
(Notify CFTEA Office of your choice of upcoming class of your choice by putting in the note section of your order.)
- Fall 2022: Session 1- October 19, Session 2 – November 2 | 9:00 am – Noon EST
- Summer 2022: Session 1 – July 12, Session 2 – July 19 | 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm EST
Award Application and Career Pathing
The Outside Calling School applies toward the completion of the Outside Calling School Certificate.
The two-part Outside Calling School helps you drive new revenue, understand your clients, and maximize your time spent selling. You will learn how to tailor your value statement to match the needs of the individual or business borrower, or buyer. We emphasize how to spend your time on the right clients that result in sales growth, while maximizing the highest value opportunities in
We utilize a password protected and encrypted Zoom platform that enables us to deliver the presentation in a classroom format, plus offer the opportunity to participate in group exercises and discussions in separate Zoom rooms.
Part 1 – Prospecting and Call Preparation
How do I get more prospects in the funnel and improve my sales results? This lively presentation will give you proven tips, techniques, and systems from the most successful sales oriented financial institutions, to enhance your skills and improve your productivity. You will learn the most efficient ways to prospect, including how to set appointments through virtual technology, email, phone calls, and direct mail. You will also learn to properly set up an in-person or virtual sales call to deliver results.
• Designing your value proposition to define why someone should meet you
• How much prospecting anyway?
• Generate more leads through your best clients
• Getting appointments
• The Ping Strategy – a method of staying in touch
• When do I abandon a prospect?
• Free prospecting tools
• Free databases and meeting technologies
• How will I measure success?
• Pre-call research
• Effective technology approaches
Part 2 – Buyer Behavior and the Winning Call Experience
This fast-paced, e-classroom seminar will look at the differences in opinions, views, and buying behaviors of individuals and businesses. You will learn how to modify your strategies to grow business from each generational segment, including appropriate adjustments to your digital and in-person client approaches and experiences. Your buyers are regular consumers, business owners, employees, corporate executives, and so forth, but how they are affected by their age cohort has an effect on how they make financial decisions.
You will also hear and discuss how to effectively deliver a winning experience inside a personal or virtual call, including opening comments, effectively asking great questions, and follow-up. We pay special attention to professionally closing, as 64% of salespeople fail to ask for the business.
• Generational similarities in decision-making
• Which sales approaches appeal to each generation or buying group
• Making the Sales Call
• The Critical Importance of Sales Questions
• Moving the Sale Forward
• Managing Key Objections
• Effective Digital Closing Technique
• Sales follow-up
• Tactical roadmap to beat the competition
Duane Sobecki is the Co-Founder of Robovise, a digital wealth management advisor for banks, credit unions, financial advisors, and their clients. He is also Senior Partner of
Focused Results. Duane is a renowned authority in sales strategy and strategic market segmentation. He provides assertive strategies to drive loan demand, business development, product and service lines to community banks and other FI’s. Duane specializes in helping the financial services industry better segment important markets, and direct sales and marketing strategies at those key segments to ensure revenue and profit growth. He holds a BS from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and has a certificate in management planning from the University of Illinois -Chicago.
CFT Training Program