Discover the Keys to a Successful Mentor-Mentee Relationship
Formats: Self Paced, Live, Guided Learning
How You Will Benefit
Mentoring is not just for fast-tracked, star-potential employees. Everyone from Generation Z (the newest employees in the workforce) to CEOs can benefit from having a mentor. And for good reason: a study by Gartner found that mentoring resulted in promotions and salary increases at a higher rate for both mentees and mentors than those who didn’t participate at all. Retention rates for both groups were higher than for non-participants as well. Mentoring relationships no doubt have great reciprocal value. This program will show you how to establish and maintain a successful mentoring relationship from both the perspective of a mentor and a mentee to ensure you gain the most from the opportunity.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Identify the elements of a good mentoring match.
- Recognize the mentee’s responsibilities in the mentoring relationship.
- Discover effective questioning techniques as a mentor.
- Deliver constructive criticism to help a mentee improve their abilities.
- Handle issues in the mentoring relationship.
- Successfully move beyond the mentoring relationship.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- The two routes to finding a mentor—organization-sponsored and self-initiated
- How to conduct an effective initial meeting
- How to receive feedback openly
- Ways to protect and contribute to the relationship as a mentee
- How to bring the relationship to a proper close
- Understanding the importance of guiding instead of telling
- How to deliver constructive criticism
- Ways to help a mentee exceed expectations
- Ways for a mentee to handle problems with their mentor and vice versa