Fundamentals for understanding how a bank’s investment portfolio is managed. Objectives and composition of investment portfolios, and common bank investments are covered, focusing on their risk and return profiles. Various investment strategies are described and the development of bank investment policies is discussed.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
• Identify the key characteristics of common investment instruments
• Calculate the yield on those instruments
• Describe regulatory and accounting restrictions on the bank’s investment portfolio
• Identify all of the elements that should be included in the bank’s investment policy and formulate such a policy
• Compare the benefits and risk of various investment strategies
• Evaluate the comparative return of taxable and tax-exempt securities
• Evaluate total return and option-adjusted spreads on instruments with prepayment risk
(Indicate your preferred start date in the note section of your order).
- March 20, 2023 – April 21, 2023
- July 31, 2023 – September 1, 2023
Award Application and Career Pathing
General Accounting applies toward the completion of the following certificates and diplomas: