This unique and central course covers requirements in both the ITIL Managing Professional and ITIL Strategic Leader designations. As such, this course is a must-have in any ITIL 4 professional development plan. You will gain the practical skills needed to establish a “learning and improving” IT organization that possess a strong and targeted strategic direction.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Direct Plan and Improve Qualification is:
- To provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction
- To provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility. The objectives of this course are to:
- Understand the Key Concepts of Direct, Plan & Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
Who Should Attend?
Delegates attending this course must have successfully achieved the ITIL 4 Foundation Qualification; your certificate must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course. Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years professional experience working in IT Service Management. The ITIL 4 DPI Qualification would most likely suit the following delegates:
- Individuals continuing of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.
Why Choose CFTEA / United Training Partnership?
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Price Savings. Below retail pricing.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
1 – KEY CONCEPTS OF DIRECT, PLAN AND IMPROVE
- Knowing key terms
- Differentiating between principle concepts
- Defining the relationship of Values, Outcomes, Costs and Risks
2 – SCOPING WHAT IS TO BE DIRECTED
- Cascading goals and requirements
- Deciphering effective policies, controls and guidelines
- Placing decision-making authority at the correct level
3 – THE ROLE OF GRC IN THE SERVICE VALUE SYSTEM
- The role of risk management
- How governance impacts DPI
- Ensuring that controls are sufficient but not excessive
4 – PRINCIPLES AND METHODS FOR CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT
- Leverage the ITIL CI model
- Identify assessment objectives and outputs
- Select the appropriate assessment method
- Prioritize desired outcomes
- Build, justify and advocate your business case
- Conduct improvement reviews and lessons learned sessions
- Embed CI at all levels of the service value stream
5 – APPLYING COMMUNICATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- The nature and benefits of OCM
- Manage, communicate effectively, and influence stakeholders
- Establish valuable interfaces across the value chain
6 – EFFECTIVE MEASURING AND REPORTING
- Defining indicators and metrics to support objectives
7 – DIRECT, PLAN AND IMPROVE VALUE STREAMS
- Recognizing the differences between value streams and practices
- Choosing the right methods and techniques to direct, plan and improve value streams
Choose Your Date | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST
- March 27-29, 2023 (Guaranteed to Run)
The ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (DPI) courses on this page are offered by United Training Commercial, LLC ATO of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.