Provides a brief history of the CAN-SPAM Act, the requirements for commercial and transactional emails, and the penalties for not complying with those requirements.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain the reason the CAN-SPAM Act was enacted
• Describe the difference between a transactional and a commercial email
• Explain the requirements for a CAN-SPAM complaint email
• Describe special cases and how CAN-SPAM regulations apply
• Understand penalties for non-compliance