Recently appointed notaries public and prospective notaries public would benefit greatly by attending this program. Also, experienced notaries public will benefit from the review of basic facts that you may have forgotten, as well as learn how recent court decisions directly affect your present notarial practices.
· Potential personal legal liability resulting from notarial duties
· Do you have a right to decline to perform notarial services?
· What exactly does “notarization” mean and is there a generic notarial act?
· Simple record keeping that can help protect you and your employer
· Handling legal documents such as living wills and powers of attorney, subscribing witness affidavits for last wills and testaments
· Is there a legal difference between a signature guarantee and a “notarization”?
If you feel you are already familiar with many of these requirements, don’t miss this opportunity to review basic facts that you may have forgotten, as well as learn how recent court decisions directly affect your present notarial practices