Includes the key provisions of the CARD Act and how it protects consumers from unexpected interest charges. Requires that consumers receive a reasonable amount of time to make their credit card payments, enhances required disclosures, and allows consumers to access credit on terms that are fair and more easily understood.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the key points in the credit card account rule
• Examine the restrictions of interest rate increases
• Examine the limitations set on fees and penalty interest
• Identify the reasonable due date rules for payment deadlines
• Identify requirements for periodic statement disclosures.