Explains how fraud and other criminal threats affect consumers and financial institutions. Describes considerations when assessing the organization’s strength in each pillar of a well-built financial crimes program, and key components of an effective program’s operations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the importance of an effective financial crimes program and the risks associated with financial crimes
• Identify the elements of an effective financial crimes program
• Explain the basic four pillars of an effective program and the key aspects of each
• Describe the day-to-day and ongoing operational components of a financial crimes program
• Identify common crimes committed against institutions and effective counter measures