This course is designed to enhance your skills in facilitating classes in a virtual environment. You will gain the skills needed to engage students and effectively use technology within your organization or classroom. Based on the client’s needs, we can focus specifically on their virtual platform.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for educators, facilitators and instructors with any level of experience in the classroom looking to develop the skills and knowledge needed to deliver effective virtual training.
Preparing to teach classes virtually. Get your session off to the right start with an orientation to the virtual environment. Set expectations and organize prior to delivering a virtual learning session. Transitioning face-to-face activity to a virtual environment. Examine the tools and techniques to facilitate activities online. Gain the attention of your audience to drive engagement in your classes. Use your voice, camera and visual tools to connect with learners. Explore how to create exciting activities with a whiteboard, polling, chat, and breakout rooms. Learn about various delivery platforms like Teams, Zoom, Google Meet and others.
1 – What Makes Virtual Training Different?
- Learn what to do differently when training virtually.
2 – How to Prepare for Virtual Training
- Uncover best practices to prepare yourself and your participants for virtual training success.
3 – Virtual Training Content
- Explore best practice for structuring online training activities.
4 – Online Delivery Techniques
- Learn how to use your voice and camera presence to engage learners.
5 – Effective Online Facilitation
- Learn how to engage your students with virtual training tools like a whiteboard, polling, chat, and breakout rooms.
6 – Engaging Visuals
- Learn how to use videos, PowerPoint slides, demonstrations, annotation and more to add variety and creativity to your virtual classroom.
7 – How to Use Virtual Platforms
- Using the camera, chat, microphone, and other tools to engage learners.