A summary of the bank funding types, liquidity issues and management of capital. Learn what funding is used by banks; how liquidity needs may be addressed by storing liquidity on the balance sheet or by securing additional funding; and bank capital’s purpose, regulatory requirements and the effect on profitability.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
• Identify the risk-return characteristics of various deposit and non-deposit sources
• Evaluate the costs of various funding sources and their impact on profitability
• Evaluate the impact of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
• Use various measures to evaluate liquidity risk
• Take appropriate measures to manage liquidity
• Identify optimal capital levels from both the regulators’ and shareholders’ point of view
• Evaluate the costs and risks of different sources of capital
• Prepare a capital management plan
(Indicate your preferred start date in the note section of your order).
- January 24, 2022 – February 25, 2022
- June 6, 2022 – July 8, 2022
Award Application and Career Pathing
General Accounting applies toward the completion of the following certificates and diplomas: