A summary of the bank funding types, liquidity issues and management of capital. Learn what funding is used by banks; how liquidity needs may be addressed by storing liquidity on the balance sheet or by securing additional funding; and bank capital’s purpose, regulatory requirements and the effect on profitability.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
• Identify the risk-return characteristics of various deposit and non-deposit sources
• Evaluate the costs of various funding sources and their impact on profitability
• Evaluate the impact of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
• Use various measures to evaluate liquidity risk
• Take appropriate measures to manage liquidity
• Identify optimal capital levels from both the regulators’ and shareholders’ point of view
• Evaluate the costs and risks of different sources of capital
• Prepare a capital management plan
(Indicate your preferred start date in the note section of your order).
- January 23, 2023 – February 24, 2023
- June 5, 2023 – July 7, 2023
Award Application and Career Pathing
General Accounting applies toward the completion of the following certificates and diplomas: