RMA’s Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process is a series of 2 interactive, web-based courses and an optional accounting refresher course that provides a comprehensive study of commercial real estate (CRE) lending, beginning with a description of CRE loan types and progressing to an understanding of the underwriting process, leases, appraisals, loan structures, and related risks.
Prerequisites: Assumes a basic knowledge of financial accounting and credit analysis. (An accounting refresher course is offered with this series to assist trainees in re-familiarizing themselves with the necessary skills.)
Who will benefit? Lenders and credit analysts who are not real estate specialists but who need to know more about assessing real estate risk.
Q & A / Feedback throughout the course. Mastery assessment at the end of the course.
Methodology: Unlike many courses on commercial credit and lending currently available, RMA’s Commercial Real Estate Lending Decision Process, offers:
• Scenario/application-based learning
• Active decision-making as opposed to passive learning
• Adaptability to the needs/skill level of each user
• Modular courses for flexibility in how/when users complete each course
- Construction Lending
- Explore different types of construction loans
- Explain to a customer the additional documents required for a construction loan
- Evaluate the risks of a construction loan
- Explore project completion requirements and lender actions
- Homebuilder Lending
- Explore acquisition, development and construction lending
- Compare and contrast homebuilder to other CRE construction lending
- Identify the risks of AD & C
- Complete a discounted cash flow analysis
- Calculate a sensitivity analysis assuming a change in lots sold per quarter.