The purpose of this course is to provide students with detailed understanding of Regulation C which implements the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and how to comply to protect their financial institution from possible assessment of civil money penalties.
Students will learn through combination of instructor videos, exercises, readings, glossaries, self-assessments and more. Students will complete the course with a final exam to earn Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) credits.
After completing this course, students will gain a fundamental understanding of HMDA including:
• Whether an institution is covered by HMDA or not
• Which transactions are subject to HMDA
• How to properly complete a Loan Application Register (LAR)
• Additional disclosure and reporting requirements of HMDA
• Importance of management’s involvement