An overview of the fundamental requirements of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) and Regulation E, with examples of dispute resolution application and checklists.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the disclosures required by Regulation E and the penalties, and violations for non-compliance
• Define electronic funds transfer error resolution
• Explain how to handle inquiries about customer liability
• Explain the Regulation E rules pertaining to debit cards and ATM overdraft fees, and fee restrictions and expiration dates on gift cards
• Identify the transactions and disclosure requirements covered under the foreign remittance rules