This course offers an introduction to content marketing, a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience. With an emphasis on key concepts, definitions, and metrics, the course examines ways that marketers can tailor their content to meet the specific needs of potential customers as they travel through the sales funnel. Learners will explore how content is used to build brand awareness and establish the brand as a trusted source of expert advice.
- Define content marketing, and explain how it relates to social media and SEO
- List the major types of content used in content marketing, and explain the strengths of each
- Explain the purpose and goals of a content marketing plan
- Describe the online marketing funnel, and explain which types of content are appropriate for which stages of the funnel
- Articulate the advantages of audience targeting and audience segmentation
- Explain the role of influencers in content marketing
- Describe the process of channel management, and explain why it is important to furthering your marketing goals
- Articulate the unique importance of video to content marketing campaigns
- Explain the importance of measuring your campaign’s effectiveness, and list the major performance metrics
- Explain the advantages of repurposing content
- Define a content audit, and explain its importance in content marketing
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.