Writing Better Emails
Email is a mainstay of communication technologies, especially in the business world. Though new forms of communication are constantly being developed, email remains a popular platform with an ever-growing number of users each year. This course first delves into the basics of email and provides the skills to draft messages, follow up efficiently, and manage email inboxes. The course further provides tips and techniques for crafting effective and accessible email content to help your message stand out in a crowded inbox.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define email and identify the key components of an email
- Recognize when email is the appropriate form of communication
- Address an email appropriately based on the recipient
- Write effective follow-up emails
- Identify opportunities for email marketing
- Employ strategies for inbox management and organization
- Write effective email content and avoid common email mistakes
- Create effective marketing emails using the SMART goals strategy
- Follow proper email etiquette guidelines
- Understand when and how to insert images, attachments, and hyperlinks
- Recognize accessible fonts and colors
- Use proofreading and editing techniques to improve email content
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.