Work From Home: Health and Wellness at Home
- CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- Access Time: 90 days
Working from home presents a unique set of challenges when it comes to maintaining mental and physical health. From increased feelings of social isolation, anxiety, and stress, to a decrease in physical activity, sleep quality, and motivation, many people find that working from home is not necessarily a dream-like experience. This course provides learners with the knowledge and practices to gain and sustain optimum health and wellness at home. In addition, it provides guidance for improving sleep hygiene, practicing mindfulness, developing healthy eating habits, exercising, and tracking health with technology.
- Discuss how sleep and sleep hygiene are connected to our overall health and wellness
- Relate how sleep quality can be negatively impacted by technology use quality can be negatively impacted by technology use
- Define mindfulness and identify various mindfulness techniques
- Identify the recommended dietary guidelines for adults
- Assess nutritional habits and their impact on health and wellness
- Explain the benefits of regular exercise in improving health and wellness
- Compare and contrast the four general types of exercise
- Breakdown various methods of how to add exercise to a busy schedule
- Summarize the benefits and challenges related to tracking health and wellness with technology
- Compare strategies on how to best manage health tracking technology use
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Video content
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.