For Impact Organization Pricing to support our veterans.
Whether transitioning from a long career within the military, a veteran making a career change, or building skills, it is important to understand how to translate a lifetime of development within a specific skill set to civilian employment. This course prompts military veterans to examine their experience, and understand the unique challenges related to job seeking for veterans, the military, and their families. This course will focus on career planning and skills development, such as resume writing and improving interviewing skills, for those seeking employment. You’ll hear from other veterans about their own experiences along the way. Course Pricing Normally $79 offered FREE to our veterans.
90 Day Access
IACET CEUs: 0.4 (Contact Hours: 4 hours)
- Employ a goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
- Identify key skill areas from their military service to apply to the civilian job market
- Define and determine a personal brand and leverage social media during the job search
- Understand and identify networking strategies and skills for 50+ veterans
- Learn career advancement strategies for 50+ veterans directly from other veterans and hiring managers, including practical tips and stories of successful job seekers
- Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
- Translate military service accomplishments into clear, plain language
- Identify resources for further career development and entrepreneurial education and training
- Understand skills and resources to effectively manage change and career transitions
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.