35min | Credits: 0.75 CFSSP, CRCM, CAFP
Description: Explores the types of transactions and services covered under Regulation E, the disclosures required, and the error and liability provisions. Explains the importance of acting promptly when notified by a customer of a potential error or unauthorized transaction.
Audience: All employees who need an overview of Reg E requirements.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe background and purpose of Regulation E—what is covered and what is not
- Explain the requirements and protections related to access devices
- Describe the information disclosures Regulation E requires banks and other card issuers to provide to their customers
- Explain the comprehensive Regulation E error resolution process
- Describe the other Regulation E protections for customers
This course is part of the ABA Frontline Compliance program.