Introduction to QuickBooks® Desktop 2020 (Mac) is an introductory-level course designed to build a foundation of essential skills in QuickBooks®. In this course, learners will develop a greater understanding of the basic bookkeeping and accounting functions that the software enables. The course content focuses on mastering the fundamental tasks performed in QuickBooks®, including setting up a company file and chart of accounts, entering customer and vendor information, recording sales, creating invoices, managing payables and receivables, creating and customizing reports, and using the Audit Trail.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Navigate QuickBooks® and explain key functions
- Set up a company file
- Enter and import customer and vendor data
- Edit the Chart of Accounts
- Input items into the Item List
- Create and customize invoices and sales receipts
- Utilize the Undeposited Funds account
- Enter and pay vendor bills
- Receive and record deposits and checks
- Use the Transactions Center to edit transactions
- Create and run reports
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.