Estimated length: 3 hours
Learn how to create presentation slides that complement your message and engage your audience. This introductory-level course covers the basic tools and functions required to craft custom slides using Microsoft’s PowerPoint. Functions covered in the course include inserting text boxes and images, presenting information with tables, charts, and SmartArt, incorporating transitions and animation, and formatting slide layouts. During the course, you will learn how to build a presentation from start to finish and will gain a greater understanding of the most popular PowerPoint tools.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and understand the different components of the PowerPoint interface
- Create, delete, duplicate, and rearrange slides
- Insert and edit text boxes with consideration for readability
- Import images into a PowerPoint slide from different sources
- Utilize the Shapes and SmartArt tools to communicate concepts visually
- Add charts, graphs, and tables to present information in a non-text format
- Incorporate transitions and animations into a slide
- Apply a PowerPoint theme to a presentation
- Leverage certain PowerPoint tools to prepare and deliver a presentation
- Save, export, and print a presentation
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.