Exit interviews are a powerful tool for organizations to reduce harmful turnover and strengthen their operations, but many organizations fail to use them to their fullest potential. The solution lies in training interviewers to ask the right questions and leaders to recognize the value of exit interview data.
In this course, you will explore the purpose and goals of an effective exit interview process, the merits of various interview formats and styles, what to ask (and what not to), and how to advocate for the proper use of exit interview feedback within your organization.
- Explain the purpose and goals of an effective exit interview
- Evaluate an organization’s current approach to exit interviews
- Compare the merits of various exit interview formats
- Prepare an effective list of questions for an exit interview
- List best practices for conducting an exit interview in a professional and effective manner
- Recognize useful and actionable exit interview feedback
- Advocate for the effective implementation of exit interview feedback
- Identify legal and administrative requirements surrounding exit interviews
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.