HR Hot Topic: Handling Workplace Violence
Conflict is inevitable in every workplace environment but can typically be resolved with strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. However, there are times when conflict escalates to a level that puts a worker’s well-being or safety at risk. Such dangerous conflict can have devastating effects on an organization, dissolving its focus and resources and even causing it to shut down operations completely. This course will explore the causes and signs of violence in the workplace and will provide tips on how to diffuse dangerous behavior and restore a positive, safe workplace environment.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define workplace violence
- Identify the warning signs of violent behavior
- Explain the causes of violence in the workplace
- Describe strategies for resolving dangerous conflict
- Discuss the role of emotions in people’s behavior
- Identifying bullying behavior and address its presence in the workplace
- Explain ways to prevent and deal with assault and sexual harassment in the workplace
- Describe ways to handle active shooter and hostage situations
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.