Understanding compensation practices and policies is crucial for any business owner, HR professional, or manager. In this introductory-level course, you will consider issues surrounding the key aspects of pay policy: legal requirements, pay equity within an organization, competitive pay within the relevant industry, how and when to grant raises, and different ways payment can be structured. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your compensation expertise.
- Comply with relevant state and federal “wage and hour” laws
- Determine the competitive pay level for a particular position in a particular geographic location
- Discuss and administer a variety of pay structures
- Effectively confront issues of pay equity within an organization
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.