How You Will Benefit
While every employee has a certain role in the functioning of their organization, today’s workplace requires that an individual readily take on a range of tasks to accommodate frequent organizational changes and remain productive. Flexibility is a long-standing and valuable trait in the working environment and an increasingly necessary element with today’s technological advances. With new innovations, there are new tasks to perform and new roles to assume—an inevitable outcome of our increasingly global market and companies’ desire to improve efficiency amidst the change.
Today’s workplace is an international conglomeration of “individuals who possess different values and orientations…” As a result, it is not only important to be able to take initiative and assume new roles in the workplace, but also to communicate effectively among various departments, individuals, co-workers, and clientele at every level.
How to Make Yourself Indispensable is a comprehensive course designed to make you an invaluable employee. It teaches you the skills you need to adapt to—and even embrace—situational changes at work. You’ll learn how to thrive under pressure and expand your career opportunities by taking initiative, effectively resolving problems, sharing your knowledge, and being an overall positive influence in the workplace.
This course will help you to:
- Take ownership of your responsibilities and results.
- Take initiative to go above and beyond what is expected of you.
- Expand your sphere of influence.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Adapt to changing situations.
- Be someone others want to work with.
- Help others improve their performance.
- Avoid being “irreplaceable”—locked into your role and unwilling to share your knowledge.
Key Topics Covered
This course will empower you to do the following:
- Take responsibility for the results of your work and review processes to make improvements.
- Step outside your comfort zone to take advantage of career-building opportunities.
- Network and communicate effectively between departments to expand your scope of influence.
- Set aside emotions and excel under pressure.
- Implement high standards for teams and encourage team members.
- Learn to be a “replaceable” employee by sharing your knowledge and working through change to become a positive influence.
- Examine the three root causes for problems and effectively analyze and resolve issues.
- Increase your intellectual flexibility by building mental agility and foreseeing needs.