At the core of strong leadership is the ability to communicate effectively. But many leaders focus solely on their spoken words while ignoring the impact of their nonverbal cues, including facial expressions, hand gestures, body movements, and eye gaze. By understanding the impact of body language, leaders can learn how to communicate in a way that builds and sustains positive relationships with employees, clients, and business partners. This course will provide leaders with tips for reading body language and using it to exude both strength and warmth. The course also addresses gender stereotypes and cross-cultural body language and explores the role of body language in virtual communication.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define leadership and identify the essential leadership skills
- Explain how body language impacts leadership
- Read basic body language cues
- Use body language to exude warmth and empathy
- Consider how to be an inclusive leader through active listening
- Demonstrate charisma through body language
- Use body language effectively when negotiating
- Explore ways to use body language to debunk gender stereotypes
- Identify body language norms across various cultures
- Consider how to improve cross-cultural competencies
- Manage body language during a video conference
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.