Credit: 0.5 CLBB, CRCM
Description: Learn permitted and prohibited valuation-related activities, prohibition on conflicts of interest and additional valuation independence requirements, including the requirement of a physical visit and additional appraisals for flipped properties. This course covers:
- Requirements for valuation independence
- Additional requirements for higher-priced mortgage loans
- Transactions that are exempt from the requirements related to written appraisals
Audience: Any bank personnel who order or review appraisals/evaluations. Loan officers, loan processors and bank employees who need a general understanding of the appraisal requirements under Regulation Z.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe requirements for valuation independence
- Describe additional appraisal requirements for higher-priced
- mortgage loans
- Identify transactions that are exempt from the requirements
- related to written appraisals
This course is part of the ABA Frontline Compliance program.
Updated: July 2021