The purpose of this course is to help students learn about the provisions of the 2003 Servicemembers Civil Relief Act which defines the rights and obligations afforded to military personnel and their families, along with subsequent regulatory updates.
Students will learn through combination of instructor videos, exercises, readings, glossaries, self-assessments and more. Students will complete the course with a final exam to earn Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) credits.
After completing this course, students will gain a fundamental understanding of SCRA including:
• The provisions governing financial services including:
▪ Limits on foreclosure and eviction
▪ Interest rate caps on loan
▪ Prohibitions on credit reporting
▪ Termination of leases and installment contracts
• Which military personnel are covered by SCRA and the documentation they require
• The regulations governing mortgage servicing, modification and foreclosure, and modification requirements for
existing balances on credit cards and installment loans