Blockchain is on the forefront of emerging technologies and is the foundation of modern cryptocurrencies. If you’re a manager with little exposure to blockchain as a concept, this course will help you build an understanding of the concepts and how the technology might apply to your business. This course is an introduction to blockchain as an underlying technology for cryptocurrencies and other applications. The assignments delve into critical parts of blockchain, such as consensus mechanisms and cryptography. They also look at blockchain’s impact on verticals such as healthcare, Fintech, and government, along with democracy, governance, and social impact.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of blockchain
- Describe the critical nature of consensus mechanisms for blockchains
- Debate blockchain as an emerging technology, from its start with cryptocurrencies to its evolution into smart contracts
- Outline the basic parts of Blockchain Network Architecture and the concept of eliminating central authorities in money and equity transactions
- Discuss the various blockchain applications and what issues they are meant to solve
- Describe how blockchain is impacting industries such as Fintech, healthcare, government and supply chains
- Discuss blockchain and its role in democracy, governance and social impact
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.